She's featured on his latest album 'Wrote A Song For Everyone'
Listen to Miranda Lambert on iHeartRadio | Listen to John Fogerty on iHeartRadio
Miranda Lambert says John Fogerty was her introduction to rock music. The country star tells "The Los Angeles Times" that her roots are definitely in country. But her dad was a big fan of Creedence Clearwater Revival, which was "the first thing" she heard that "wasn't country music."
She adds that she just loved it, because it sounded different from anything else she knew. Lambert explains that Fogerty's voice and guitar playing are so distinctive, and it's obvious from the first note who it is.
And Miranda has now collaborated with him. She's one of several country stars featured on John's new album, Wrote A Song For Everyone. Lambert is featured along with Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on the disc's title track.
For the project Fogerty teamed up with a variety of other stars to remake tracks from his extensive catalog. Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, Alan Jackson, and Zac Brown Band are some of the other country artists who contribute to the disc. Wrote A Song For Everyone arrives in stores today.
Track Listing For John Fogerty's "Wrote a Song for Everyone"
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)
Photo Credit Getty Images